McAndrews provides a complete range of intellectual property services to some of the largest consumer products companies in the world. We protect the valuable intellectual property of our clients’ consumer products by obtaining and enforcing multilayered protection — including trademark, trade dress, copyright, design patent, and utility patent. We also provide clearance opinions and, if necessary, defend our clients in the consumer products industry against unwarranted allegations of infringement.
Examples of our success for clients in the consumer products industry include:
- Successfully defending a client against charges of design patent infringement before the U.S. International Trade Commission in a matter regarding knockoff automotive products.
- Devising and implementing a worldwide IP protection program for one of the world’s largest beverage companies.
- Providing strategic design and utility patent prosecution services to one of the world’s largest personal electronics and mobile handset manufacturers.
- Developing and managing a comprehensive portfolio of design and utility patents for a leading flameless candle manufacturer.
- Representing one of the world’s largest furniture manufacturers in all aspects of intellectual property procurement, enforcement, and strategic counseling.
- Managing the entire utility patent, design patent, copyright, and trademark portfolio for one of the world’s largest “brick and mortar” and online retailers.
- Providing strategic procurement and enforcement IP advice to a cutting-edge apparel and fashion company with an international clothing line available in more than 80 countries.
Representative Consumer Products Areas Served:
Child Safety Products
Fashion and Apparel
Newspapers and Magazines
Personal Health Devices