McAndrews serves as counsel for leading companies in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. Our clients include Fortune 100 companies, startups, and major research universities.
Many of our attorneys and patent agents hold PhDs in fields such as chemistry, biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, biomaterials and cancer biology. We have extensive experience in ANDA litigation and FDA regulatory matters, having represented both brand-name and generic drug companies.
We are proud to offer our clients in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries a complete range of IP services, including patent litigation, patent prosecution and portfolio management, post-grant proceedings (e.g., inter partes review), interferences, freedom-to-operate and patent validity opinions, due diligence, licensing, and other IP transactions.
Examples of our success for clients in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries include:
- Winning a Federal Circuit appeal affirming summary judgment of invalidity of a patent on a pharmaceutical compound, protecting hundreds of millions of dollars in sales for our client.
- Assisting a biotechnology leader and innovator with the sale of its industry-leading regenerative medicine portfolio for approximately $130 million.
- Litigating and favorably settling multiple ANDA cases involving ophthalmic formulations for a specialty pharmaceutical company.
- Assisting a conjugate technology innovator with the sale of its cutting-edge ADHD conjugate platform to a large pharmaceutical company.
- Developing and positioning intellectual property portfolios for a newly advanced biotech blood product in the United States and Europe.
Representative Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Areas Served:
Drug Delivery Systems
Drug Device Combinations
Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms
Recombinant Proteins and Viruses