14 McAndrews Attorneys Named to the IAM Patent 1000
Aaron Barkoff, Christopher V. Carani, Sandra Frantzen, Troy Groetken, Herb Hart, David Headrick, Sharon Hwang, Deborah Laughton, Ed Mas, Pete McAndrews, Eligio Pimentel, Wil Rao, Bob Surrette, and Tom Wimbiscus are recognized in the 2022 edition of the IAM Patent 1000, which highlights the world’s leading patent professionals.
According to IAM, “World-class Chicago-based boutique McAndrews, Held & Malloy has a model that works; its senior lawyers are hands-on and give personal attention to their clientele, and the team they form is well balanced in terms of prosecution and litigation ability. The group’s consistency is a special feature worth noting, too; a remarkable 70% of the McAndrews attorneys have spent their entire careers here, while many competitors are seeing an increase in staff turnover as the quest for legal talent intensifies…As the rankings attest, McAndrews, Held & Malloy has a wonderfully deep litigation bench, giving patrons the benefit of impressing and imposing firepower.”
The McAndrews attorneys recognized this year include the following:
- Aaron Barkoff – “Innovative and thorough, Aaron has excellent writing and presentation skills which go a long way towards the favorable outcomes he achieves; his style is systematic, convincing, and calm. He responds with incredible speed and communicates with you as if he’s across the table, not across the country”
- Christopher V. Carani – “design patents authority”
- Sandra Frantzen – “all-IP litigator”
- Troy Groetken – “steeped in the life sciences and has rich technical, business, regulatory and strategic expertise”
- Herb Hart – “post-grant proceedings leader”
- Sharon Hwang – “experienced all-forums advocate”
- Ed Mas – “high-flying trial and appellate lawyer”
- Eligio Pimentel – “Eligio puts his clients first and is the quintessential relationship partner who goes the extra mile to ensure the provision of a timely and high-quality service. He’s a trusted adviser and true partner”
- Bob Surrette – “litigates high-stakes patent infringement cases with poise”
- Tom Wimbiscus – “courtroom and PTAB star”
- David Headrick, Debbie Laughton, Pete McAndrews, and Wil Rao were noted as “well-rounded and sophisticated strategists”
Read more about the firm and individual rankings here.