At McAndrews, we believe that diversity in backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives has a positive impact on our work. Under the guidance of our Diversity Committee, we support initiatives such as our Diversity in Patent Law Fellowship, Women’s Group, Professional Development Committee, mentoring programs, and flexible work schedules.
Our firm’s attorneys have supported and served in leadership positions with many diversity-focused organizations and bar associations, including the following:
- American Bar Association, Section of Intellectual Property Law, Diversity Action Group
- Arab-American Bar Association
- Asian American Bar Association of Greater Chicago
- Black Women Lawyers’ Association of Greater Chicago, Inc.
- The Chicago Committee
- Chinese American Bar Association
- Coalition of Women’s Initiatives in Law
- Corporate Counsel Women of Color
- Cristo Rey Jesuit High School
- Diverse Attorney Pipeline Program
- Filipino American Lawyers Association of Chicago
- Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Lesbian and Gay Bar Association of Chicago (“LAGBAC”)
- LINK Unlimited Scholars
- Minority Corporate Counsel Association
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- National Asian Pacific American Law Students Association
- National Bar Association, Pipeline/Outreach Committee
- National Black Law Students Association
- National Latina/o Law Student Association
- The North American South Asian Law Students Association
- Puerto Rican Bar Association
- Safe Families for Children and LYDIA Home Association
For more information, contact Diversity Partner Sharon Hwang at email@example.com.
The McAndrews Social Impact and Diversity Report showcases our external and internal commitments to diversity, equity, and inclusion, as well as the many worthy and inspirational organizations and initiatives we are proud to support.