McAndrews’ George Wheeler and Christopher Singer, Ph.D., to Speak on Advanced Claim Drafting Issues Tailored to the Chemical and Pharmaceutical Industries
CHICAGO, IL – August 18, 2016 – McAndrews, Held & Malloy Shareholders Christopher P. Singer, Ph.D., and George Wheeler will participate for the third time in the Practising Law Institute’s (PLI) Advanced Patent Prosecution Workshop 2016: Claim Drafting & Amendment Writing, September 14-15, in Chicago. Dr. Singer and Wheeler, and other experienced patent prosecutors will lead small breakout sessions on claim drafting and amendment writing for distinct technology groups.
The two-day event is designed for private, corporate and other in-house practitioners looking to improve their general drafting and writing skills. The sessions are organized into four technology sections: biotechnology, chemical/pharmaceutical, electromechanical and electronics/computers. During the workshop, attendees will:
- Receive guidance on the America Invents Act implementation by the Patent and Trademark Office, including the new Post-Grant Review and Inter Partes Review, as well as Covered Business Method Patents
- Learn about the practical impact of recent Supreme Court and Federal Circuit decisions
- Compose claims and amendments under the guidance of experienced patent prosecutors and learn practical techniques for avoiding prosecution pitfalls
- Concentrate on the specialized skills required in their technological area
- Receive individualized feedback on claim drafting and amendment writing skills
For more information and to register, click here. Registrants will satisfy CLE requirements.
George Wheeler has counseled corporate clients for more than 25 years in a wide variety of patent matters, securing hundreds of patents in industries such as chemical, mechanical and medical technologies. He specializes in patent analysis, both for patentees and for opponents of patents, and prosecution and strategic development of high-value patent portfolios. His work also includes more than 25 post-grant patent review proceedings in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Christopher Singer, Ph.D., concentrates his practice on securing patent rights in life science technologies, such as biotechnology, chemistry, pharmaceuticals and medical devices. His experience includes patent prosecution and global patent portfolio management, as well as due diligence, patent validity and infringement, freedom-to-operate, technology landscape and patentability analyses. Dr. Singer provides counsel to a variety of clients including global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, national universities, international chemical companies, as well as start-up companies and individual inventors. He holds a Ph.D. in chemistry, and his patent prosecution expertise extends over a broad range of biological and chemical technologies.