McAndrews Hosts First Annual Minority Bar CLE Conference
McAndrews, Held & Malloy hosted the First Annual Minority Bar CLE Conference for more than 100 in-house counsel and attorneys on June 7-8, 2013. Sponsored by the Cook County Bar Association, the Asian American Bar Association of Chicago and the Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois, the conference featured a series of presentations, including “Presenting Complex Cases to a Jury,” which was delivered by McAndrews, Held & Malloy shareholders Sharon Hwang and Eligio Pimentel, along with Judge Ruben Castillo of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Attendees had the opportunity to earn up to eight hours of CLE during the two-day event.
Other presentations included:
- The Litigator’s Ethical Duties to Clients, Courts and Adversaries;
- New Trends in Lawyer Regulation;
- Managing Litigation Costs of Outside Counsel;
- Taking and Defending Depositions of Corporate Representatives;
- Conducting Effective Cross-Examination;
- Managing the Media in High Profile White Collar Litigation Cases; and
- How to Argue Cases in the Appellate Court.
Many McAndrews, Held & Malloy attorneys serve in leadership positions with diversity-focused organizations and bar associations, including Sharon Hwang, who is a past president of the Asian American Bar Association of Chicago and current Vice President of the Asian American Bar Association Law Foundation, shareholder Alejandro Menchaca, President of the Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois, shareholder Sandra Frantzen, Vice President of the Arab American Bar Association, and associate Malaika Tyson, Associate Board Member of the Chicago Committee on Minorities in Large Law Firms.