McAndrews Elects New Shareholders and Partner
- Dunstan practices in all areas of intellectual property law with emphasis on protecting and analyzing design rights. His work in that area includes drafting and prosecuting design patent applications and conducting opinion work and due diligence investigations. In addition, Dunstan has considerable experience drafting and prosecuting utility patent applications and trademark applications. In 2021, Dunstan was honored as a 40 Under Forty attorney in Illinois. In recommending him for the honor, a senior IP counsel at a major international pharmaceutical company said of Dunstan, “I consider him to be one of the top 10 design patent attorneys in the United States, period.” He was recognized as an Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star from 2017 to 2022, and on the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch list in 2022.
- Michael focuses on high-stakes patent litigation, contested Patent Office proceedings, complex technology agreements, and patent procurement. In addition to his time as a lawyer, he has 15 years of hands-on technology experience in the telecom industry with AT&T. Michael has litigated cases involving hundreds of millions of dollars in accused products and counseled clients on mergers and acquisitions valued up to $2.4 billion. He was recognized on the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch list in 2021 and 2022, and as an Illinois Rising Star from 2019 to 2022.
- Raj’s practice includes all areas of intellectual property law with a focus on patent litigation and post-grant proceedings. Raj came to the firm from another IP law firm, where he was involved in all aspects of IP law including patent litigation, patent procurement and licensing. He has considerable experience with a wide range of technologies, including memory systems, wireless systems and protocols, computer hardware and software, and medical devices. Before entering law school, Raj worked as an engineer for over 11 years with Motorola.
- A registered U.S. Patent Agent since 2009 and a registered U.S. Patent Attorney since 2012, Chad has an electrical engineering background and extensive experience in both offensive and defensive aspects of intellectual property. He assists clients with patent filings and prosecution, industrial designs, patentability searching, freedom-to-operate and clearance searching and opinions, due diligence, software copyright and open source licensing issues, as well as trade secret, copyright, and trademark matters. He has prepared and prosecuted hundreds of patent applications in a variety of technical fields including communications networks, wireless communications, consumer electronics, advertising and media, analog and digital circuits, audio/video processing, software security, printing technology, and other electrical, software, mechanical, and business-related fields. He was recognized on the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch list in 2021 and 2022.
- Manuela’s practice focuses on intellectual property litigation and prosecution. She has deep experience with pre-suit investigation and assessment, motion practice, and discovery for cases in a variety of areas, particularly the medical device, biomedical, and biotechnology industries. She also drafts and prosecutes trademark, utility, and design patent applications. The American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division selected Manuela as one of the 2020 On the Rise – Top 40 Young Lawyers Award honorees.